DONETSK (Sputnik) — Two civilians were killed in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region and seven sustained injuries as a result of shelling by Ukrainian troops, deputy commander of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic’s (DPR) militia Eduard Basurin said Sunday.
“The intensity of attacks by Ukrainian law enforcement agencies increased, with 57 violations of the ceasefire today… Six DPR military personnel were wounded; two civilians were killed and seven injured," Basurin told reporters.
Earlier on Sunday, Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council said that one civilian and one soldier had been killed in Donbas over the past day.
After repeated breaches of a previous ceasefire agreement, signed in September 2014, Ukraine’s warring sides signed a new truce deal in mid-February.
The new agreement was outlined during lengthy talks between the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany, who met in Minsk, Belarus, in a bid to find a solution to the Ukraine conflict.