The pullout of heavy weapons is one of the key provisions of the ceasefire deal reached by Kiev and independence militias in Minsk last month.
"The mission's demands to representatives of the Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics to disclose full information on weaponry location, as well as on routes and timelines of its withdrawal were not justified," Alexander Lukashevich said.
Lukashevich added that "the Minsk agreements make no mention of it."
On Wednesday, the Special Monitoring Mission of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) said it was unable to verify whether the self-proclaimed republics have completed their heavy weaponry withdrawal. The monitors said this would require more comprehensive data sharing, including an inventory of weapons and the routes used for the withdrawal.
Ukrainian military said on Wednesday that they had begun the second stage of their weaponry pullback. The DPR and LPR stated that they completed the withdrawal from the line of contact on Sunday, meeting the deadline imposed by the Minsk agreements.