“Petro Poroshenko also suggested that the European Union sends a mission of EU military experts to participate in the work of the Joint Centre for Control and Co-ordination (JCCC),” a statement on Poroshenko’s website said.
Poroshenko and Tusk also discussed ways of handling the situation in eastern Ukraine and possible further sanctions against Russia, and Tusk accepted Poroshenko’s invitation to visit Kiev on February 22, according to the statement.
- New sanctions imposed against Russia10.0% (180)
- Withdrawal of Ukrainian troops from Debaltseve46.6% (836)
- Execution of 21 Egyptian Copts by ISIL10.8% (194)
- Vladimir Putin’s visit to Hungary24.4% (438)
- First humans chosen for mission to Mars8.2% (147)
The center, which was previously located in the town of Debaltseve between Ukraine’s two breakaway regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, has been temporarily relocated to the town of Soledar amid a recent upsurge of hostilities in Debaltseve.
On Wednesday, Poroshenko called for the presence of EU peacekeepers in eastern Ukraine, where a renewed ceasefire deal between Kiev and local militias entered into force over the weekend.