“Debaltseve came under full control of our troops. Uncoordinated enemy’s groups are still active in the southern parts of the city, attempting to show resistance. Their activities will be neutralized a very short time,” Basurin said.
Up until today, the ceasefire between Kiev forces and the independence supporters of Donbas that entered into force on February 15 was holding everywhere along the contact line except for the city of Debaltseve – a key transport hub in Ukraine's southeast.
Earlier on Wednesday, the head of administration of the DPR leader Maksim Leschenko told journalists that Kiev troops in Debaltsevo are laying down arms to independence supporters.
Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko said that the country's armed forces have finished withdrawing troops from the encirclement in the city.