11:28 GMT +321 November 2019
Listen Live
    Bernard Cazeneuve

    French Interior Minister Says Charlie Hebdo Attack Staged by Three Shooters

    © Flickr/ Parti socialiste/Mathieu Delmestre
    Europe
    Get short URL
    Charlie Hebdo Attack (195)
    0 22
    Subscribe

    French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve told the press that all steps had been taken to "neutralise these three criminals who have committed this barbaric act”, according to the Guardian.

    MOSCOW, January 7 (Sputnik) – Three gunmen tool part in the terrorist attack on the office of Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris on Wednesday, French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.

    All steps had been taken to "neutralise these three criminals who have committed this barbaric act”, the minister told the press as quoted by the Guardian.

    Cazeneuve added that the authorities would release all the necessary information to inform people on the progress of the inquiry.

    The shooting in the magazine’s office in central Paris killed at least 12 people — mainly journalists, including the publication's editor-in-chief.

    A review of the new novel by Michel Houellebecq about the Islamization of France in the Charlie Hebdo’s current issue was named as a possible reason behind the attack.

    Topic:
    Charlie Hebdo Attack (195)

    Related:

    Hollande: Shooting in Charlie Hebdo Office in Paris ‘Terrorist Attack’
    Charlie Hebdo Magazine
    France Ups Domestic Security Levels, Deploys Up to 300 Additional Troops
    Islamic State to Systematically Target Europe in 2015: French Expert
    Tags:
    France, shooting, magazine, attack, Bernard Cazeneuve, Paris
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik