MOSCOW, December 19 (Sputnik), Ekaterina Blinova — British detectives have confirmed allegations that a group of high-ranking British politicians and law enforcers were involved in child abuse and murder in the 1970s and 80s.
A former victim, known as "Nick," who waited over 30 years to come forward and expose the crimes, told UK detectives a horrific story of child abuse and alleged murder conducted by prominent British policy-makers in 1970s-80s.
"Nick has been spoken to by experienced officers from the child abuse team and experienced officers from the murder investigation team. They and I believe what Nick is saying is credible and true," said Detective Superintendent Kenny McDonald, in charge of the investigation, as quoted by the Guardian.
The media outlet emphasizes that if the allegations are correct, they will inevitably result in "one of the worst scandals in modern British history," and will ultimately undermine the public trust in the UK's political establishment.
Nick elaborated that he had been abused from 1975 to 1984, since the age of seven along with other kids by a group of high-ranking pedophiles at places across London and the Home Counties, as well as at military bases. Some of venues, according to Nick, took place at Dolphin Square in Pimlico, a place popular with British parliament members.
Describing the luxurious estate, the Daily Mail notes, that "famous former residents [of Dolphin Square, in 1970s-80s] include Harold Wilson and William Hague; Christine Keeler and Mandy Rice-Davies, key players in the Profumo Affair; and Sir Oswald Mosley, founder of the British Union of Fascists."
Nick also revealed that the members of the VIP pedophile ring were involved in the homicide of at least three boys. Although British police have not found any bodies, full names of victims and exact locations where the crimes were committed, the large-scale investigation has already been launched.
The Guardian notes that Nick has provided the detectives with some names of British officials involved in the abuse as well as "partial names" of other victims. However, police rejected to disclose whether any individuals named by Nick had been already interviewed.
Meanwhile, police appealed for more witnesses to share information on the case.
"I appeal to men who were subjected to abuse 30 years ago to come forward. We are also investigating the murder of three young boys — we are determined to find answers," said Detective Superintendent Kenny McDonald.
The Independent notes that the police had talked to the family of Martin Allen, a boy who vanished in 1979 and reviewed the case of an eight-year-old boy killed 33 years ago. It still remains unclear whether the cases are linked to the current investigation.
The Daily Telegraph cites Vishambar Mehrotra, a 69-year-old retired magistrate, as saying that his son could have been allegedly abducted by high-ranked pedophiles in 1981.
"I was contacted by a young man who seemed to be in his 20s. He told me he believed Vishal may have been taken by aedophiles in the Elm Guest House near Barnes Common. He said there were very highly placed people there. He talked about judges and politicians who were abusing little boys," Mr. Mehrotra said.
Scotland Yard is building criminal cases in order to present it in court.