"The first wreckage of MH17 will arrive Tuesday December 9th at 2pm local time at the air force base Gilze-Rijen. The convoy left Ukraine last week," the board said in a statement that was emailed to journalists on Monday.
According to the statement, the bereaved families will be able to glimpse the fragments of the ill-fated Malaysian Boeing in a drive-by viewing event.
"After the convoy has entered the base, the trucks will drive to the location where the investigation will take place. On the route the convoy will pass the next of kin who attend the arrival of the wreckage at the air force base," the statement said.
However they will not be permitted to see the unloading of the wreckage or have a closer look at the debris.
It said all wreckage components will be photographed, scanned and categorized "following a fixed procedure" upon unloading before experts proceed to examine them.
On July 17, Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board. A preliminary report said it most likely broke up in mid-air after a large number of high-energy objects penetrated the fuselage.
Kiev has accused anti-government militias in eastern Ukraine of shooting the plane down, but a full investigation has yet to be completed. Local militia leaders say that they do not have weapons capable of striking a jet flying at 32,000 feet.