05:29 GMT26 January 2020
Listen Live
    Business
    Get short URL
    0 16
    Subscribe

    Crude benchmarks Brent and West Texas Intermediate went up an average 0.58 percent on Thursday as polls earlier in the day showed increasing support for the Remain camp.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Polling stations across the United Kingdom stay open from 7:00 a.m. (06:00 GMT) through 10:00 p.m. (21:00 GMT) local time. There is no threshold for turnout, and there will be no exit polls.

    “A positive tone in the commodity markets continues to support prices. However, the gains remain limited as investors await the outcome of the EU vote in the UK,” ANZ Research said as quoted by The Wall Street Journal.

    According to the latest poll conducted by Ipsos MORI, 52 percent of the UK nationals support remaining within the European bloc, while 48 percent are against such a scenario.

    Related:

    Voters in Brexit Referendum Unsatisfied With Both Campaigns, Have Doubts
    Simplistic Brexit Leave Campaign Makes Strong Case for Victory
    #Brexit or #Bremain, EU Will Never Be the Same Again - Belgian PM
    Tags:
    oil prices, Brexit, Britain
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik