07:22 GMT +320 October 2019
Listen Live
    Oil workers are seen at the West Qurna Phase 2 field in the Basra region, 550 kilometers (340 miles) southeast of Baghdad, Iraq

    LUKoil Estimates Investment in 2nd Stage of West Qurna-2 Project at $6.5Bln

    © AP Photo / Nabil al-Jourani
    Business
    Get short URL
    124
    Subscribe

    LUKoil's CEO said he estimated investments in the second stage of the West Quarna-2 project in Iraq at $6.5 billion. West Qurna-2, located in Iraq, is one of the largest oil fields in the world.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russian energy giant LUKoil estimates investments in the second stage of the West Quarna-2 project in Iraq at $6.5 billion, the company's CEO Vagit Alekperov said Thursday.

    "Regarding the second stage, the investment there is $6.5 billion. As for now, we have already developed the concept," Alekperov said.

    He added that if the Iraqi side met investors half way, then LUKoil would start work early next year.

    LUKoil is involved in several projects in Iraq, including the development of West Qurna-2, which is one of the largest oil fields in the world.

    LUKoil owns 75 percent of the West Qurna-2 oil field development project, with the remaining share of 25 percent owned by the Iraqi North Oil Company.

    Related:

    LUKoil Head Says Outcomes of OPEC Session Predictable
    LUKoil Head Sees No Alternative to OPEC 'Despite Political Factors'
    Tags:
    West Qurna-2, LUKoil, Vagit Alekperov, Iraq, Russia
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik