05:19 GMT +317 July 2019
Listen Live
    Business

    Russia's Deposit Insurance Agency Compensates Crimean Depositors to the Sum of 15 Bln

    Business
    Get short URL
    Crimea: New Life for Russia's Historic Resort (25)
    0 25

    More than 200,000 applications for compensation have been processed and over 15 billion have been paid out to former depositors of Ukrainian banks, said Russia's Deposit Insurance Agency (DIA) chief Yuri Isaev in an interview with Kommersant.

    MOSCOW, August 25 (RIA Novosti) - More than 200,000 applications for compensation have been processed and over 15 billion have been paid out to former depositors of Ukrainian banks, said Russia's Deposit Insurance Agency (DIA) chief Yuri Isaev in an interview with Kommersant.

    "70% of applications satisfied all of the requirements immediatedly. The other 30% cases we inquired for more documents", - said Yuri Isaev. 

    The DIA has found it hard to confirm the claims of the applicants on such a large scale. Only 4 small Ukrainian banks agreed to cooperate with the agency.

    Russia's Central Bank is ceasing activity to all Ukrainian baks starting 26 may.

    Topic:
    Crimea: New Life for Russia's Historic Resort (25)
    Tags:
    banks, Russia’s Deposit Insurance Agency, Yuri Isaev
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik