The death toll from the coronavirus in China has risen up to 908 with over 40,000 coronavirus cases confirmed, Chinese authorities said.
Earlier, the regional health committee reported that the number of people who have died from coronavirus in China's Hubei province had risen to 871, with over 29,600 infected. 1,795 patients have been discharged from hospitals.
On Sunday, 2,618 new cases of coronavirus were registered in Hubei Province, of which 1,921 were in Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak. 91 new deaths were added, 73 of them in Wuhan alone.
"As of 24:00 on 9 February 2020, Hubei Province reported a total of 29,631 cases of new coronavirus pneumonia, including 16,902 cases in Wuhan. 22,160 patients are still being treated in hospitals. 73,127 people remain under medical observation", the statement said.
On 8 February, Hubei province reported 780 fatalities, while 27,100 people were infected with the new virus.
Outside China, at least one fatality was registered in the Philippines.
Chinese authorities have recently designated the new virus with the temporary name of "Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia" (NCP). The World Health Organisation (WHO) has yet to assign it a permanent name.
WHO declared a global health emergency over the outbreak last week.