02:07 GMT27 September 2020
Listen Live
    Get short URL
    0 68

    Six people were sent to a hospital in northern Germany after eating a chocolate cake infused with cannabis oil.

    The incident happened in a northern German town last Sunday as six people called ambulances in quick succession in the course of a single night, all sharing the same symptoms of nausea and vomiting. After interviews with police, it turned out that all had eaten a piece of chocolate cake baked by a friend.

    The 42-year-old baker asserted to police that he had added cannabis oil to the ingredients. The baker had also eaten a slice, and reportedly interrupted the interview several times with similar symptoms.

    The guests, aged 23 to the mid-50s and, had not been told about the cake's secret ingredient, and the baker could be charged with grievous bodily harm as well as a drug offense. Police seized the remainder of the cake, for further investigation.

    It is legal to consume cannabis oil with bakery products in some countries, but dosage must be carefully monitored. Cannabis oil, like distilled alcoholic beverages such as vodka, affects the liver, and in cases of over-consumption, can cause poisoning. Unlike alcohol, however, the effects of cannabis are delayed, which can contribute to an overdose.


    Ganja Power: Indian Cave Paintings Saved from Decay by Cannabis
    Army Vet Faces Felony For Helping Other Veterans Treat PTSD With Cannabis
    UK Could Make Millions From Legalizing Cannabis - New Report
    health, poisoning, cake, cannabis, Germany
    Community standardsDiscussion