MOSCOW, December 25 (Sputnik) – A schoolboy from St. Petersburg mistakenly played the role of the Biblical character Joseph dressed as quite another character, Joseph Stalin, the boy’s father, Fedor Gavrichenko wrote on his Facebook account.
“Yesterday, my 12-year old son participated in a school play. Earlier, he said he had a role of Joseph Stalin, who had to say something to some woman. We were not surprised too much, as over the years he played a variety of roles at school plays, including an epic role of a watermelon,” Gavrichenko wrote.
- "Merry Christmas!"27.4% (186)
- "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"33.0% (224)
- "Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa!"2.6% (18)
- "Happy Yule and Winter Solstice!"5.9% (40)
- "Happy Holidays!"8.8% (60)
- "Season’s Greetings!"4.1% (28)
- Other4.4% (30)
- None, I don't celebrate Christmas13.8% (94)
The schoolboy’s confusion about the character resulted in a scene in which the Virgin Mary heard news that she had received blessing from God and became pregnant with a baby from none other than Joseph Stalin. Quite an incredible story twist from the school play has gone viral among Russian internet users after the boy’s father published a post on his Facebook account and posted his son’s picture, wearing the Joseph Stalin costume.
The original Biblical story depicts the angel Gabriel as God’s chief messenger angel. Joseph was Mary’s husband, not the messenger.