MOSCOW (Sputnik) — A record number of foreign heads of state will attend Beijing’s victory parade commemorating the 70th anniversary of Japan's surrender in World War II on September 3, Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister Cheng Guoping said on Thursday.
"At the moment, 30 heads of state confirmed their consent to participate in the events, it will be the largest event in the history of China regarding the number of participating heads of states," he said at a press conference in the Russian Embassy in Beijing.
"For as many as 14 years China had been carrying out resistance to the invaders. Therefore, the scope of this event in honor of the 70th anniversary of the Victory in the War of Chinese people's resistance against Japanese aggression is justified," the diplomat stressed.
Russian President Vladimir Putin accepted the Beijing's invitation and will take part in the events devoted to the 70th anniversary of Japan’s surrender in World War II.
The views and opinions expressed in the article do not necessarily reflect those of Sputnik.