Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to
A car with dead bodies stands in front of a bar in Hanua, Germany Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020. German police say several people were shot to death in the city of Hanau on Wednesday evening - Sputnik International

Live Updates: 9 People Confirmed Killed in Hanau Shooting, Suspected Gunman Found Dead

Subscribe
German prosecutors have confirmed that at least nine people had been killed and several others people injured in two shooting attacks in the town of Hanau on Wednesday.

An unknown gunman opened fire at two shisha bars in Hanau east of Frankfurt, German newspapers Bild and the Hanauer Anzeiger reported. 

The motive for the shooting remains unknown and German police officials said that the attacker likely acted alone.

New firstOld first
08:50 GMT 20.02.2020
Interior Minister of German State of Hesse: There is a Xenophobic Motive to Hanau Shooting

The interior minister of the German state of Hesse has confirmed media reports that the mother of the suspected shooter is dead.

08:01 GMT 20.02.2020
German Counter-Terror Prosecutors Take Over Hanau Shooting Probe

German federal prosecutors said Thursday they are taking over the investigating into a mass shooting in Hanau that left at least nine people dead.

"Federal prosecutors have taken over the investigation and there are indications of a right-wing extremist background," said a spokesman for the prosecutors.

German news agency dpa reported earlier that police were examining a video the suspected gunman may have uploaded online a few days ago in which he details conspiracy theories about the United States.

The authenticity of the video couldn't immediately be verified.

07:43 GMT 20.02.2020
German Government Extends Condolences Over Hanau Shooting

"This morning our thoughts are with the people in #Hanau, where an appalling crime was committed. We extend deep condolences to the families mourning the loss of their loved ones. We hope that those injured will recover soon", Steffen Seibert, the German government's spokesman, said on Twitter.

06:33 GMT 20.02.2020
Hanau Suspect Left a Letter and Video Confessing the Crime - Reports

According to the newspaper Bild, the alleged gunman, identified as Tobias R., left a letter and a video confessing his crime.

06:22 GMT 20.02.2020
Number of Victims Rises to 9 - Police

"After a shooting on Wednesday evening in Hanau... the alleged perpetrator was found dead. According to witnesses, the police received information about a fleeing vehicle, which could be found as part of the large-scale search in the Kesselstadt district. The home address there was blocked off extensively and searched by special police forces. Two other bodies were found. One of the dead people is most likely the culprit. There are currently no indications of other perpetrators. The number of victims who were fatally injured at the crime scenes in Heumarkt and Kurt-Schumacher-Platz increased to nine, so that there are currently a total of eleven deaths. Investigations into the identity of the victims and the suspected perpetrator are ongoin", police said.

04:10 GMT 20.02.2020
Alleged Hanau Gunman Found Dead at Home, Another Body Discovered Next to Him - Police

The police also tweeted that "there are no indications of other perpetrators at the moment".

00:12 GMT 20.02.2020
Police Reportedly Arrest at Least One Person in Connection With the Attacks

Police have arrested at least one person in connection with two deadly shooting attacks in the German town of Hanau, the Bild newspaper reported on Thursday.

00:02 GMT 20.02.2020
Videos From the Scene of Shooting Emerge on Twitter
Forensic experts are seen outside a shisha bar after a shooting in Hanau near Frankfurt, Germany, February 20, 2020.  - Sputnik International
Videos From Deadly Shooting Scene in Germany's Hanau Emerge on Social Media
23:57 GMT 19.02.2020
Police Confirm That Hanau Shooting Attacks Left 8 People Dead

Police of southeastern Hessen confirmed on Thursday that two shooting attacks in the German town of Hanau had left eight people dead.

On late Wednesday, unknown gunmen opened fire at two shisha bars in Hanau. According to the Bild newspaper, the attacks left at least eight people dead and five more critically injured. Prosecutors have officially confirmed the death of two people, the Hanauer Anzeiger newspaper reported. Later, police confirmed the reports about five critically injured people.

"According to the latest information, police can now confirm that eight people sustained fatal injuries," police said in a statement.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала