Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

Lebanon to Boycott US-Backed Forum in Bahrain on Israeli-Palestinian Peace Plan - Minister

CC BY-SA 4.0 / Wadiia / ManamaManama, Bahrain. (File)
Manama, Bahrain. (File) - Sputnik International
Subscribe
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Lebanon will not join the forum in Bahrain, where the United States plans to present its long-anticipated Israeli-Palestinian conflict settlement plan, dubbed the "deal of the century," since representatives from Palestine refused to participate in it, Lebanese Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil said.

"We will not participate in the forum in Bahrain, because the Palestinians will not participate. We would prefer to have a clear idea of ​​the [US] proposed peace plan," Bassil tweeted late Tuesday.

The minister noted that there had been no previous consultations with Lebanon on this plan.

A photo taken on April 12, 2019 shows Israeli flags in front of a partial view of the Israeli settlement of Efrat situated on the southern outskirts of the West Bank city of Bethlehem - Sputnik International
Germany, Jordan Reaffirm Support for 'Two-State Solution' to Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - Report
The United States plans to release the economic part of its Israeli-Palestinian peace plan at the "Peace to Prosperity" economic forum, which will take place in Bahrain from June 25-26.

In the meantime, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas said that the Palestinians already reject the US proposals and dubbed it the "prosperity instead of peace" plan.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала