Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

Erdogan: We 'Cannot Be Satisfied' With Riyadh's Khashoggi Case Explanations

© Sputnik / Sergei Guneev / Go to the photo bankThe president of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan during the trilateral meeting between Turkey, Russia and Iran
The president of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan during the trilateral meeting between Turkey, Russia and Iran - Sputnik International
Subscribe
ANKARA (Sputnik) - Ankara is dissatisfied with Riyadh’s explanations in connection with the murderer of prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday.

“We regard it as a despicable murder. Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia does not support us. At first, there was a lie that he [Khashoggi] left the consulate. [However] there is evidence that he was killed: there is a seven-minute audio recording, we shared it with the world. Turkey handed it to the United States, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom — all those who wanted. We cannot be satisfied with the explanations we have got,” Erdogan told reporters on the sidelines of the G20 summit, as aired by the NTV broadcaster.

Turkey insists that Saudi Arabia should extradite those responsible for the murder, Erdogan reiterated.

“But this is not only the case of Turkey, but of the whole world. We still haven't received any information from the Saudi side about the assassins' accomplices. They must reveal it,” he stressed.

READ MORE: US Lawmaker Demands Lobby Firms Detail Dealings With Riyadh Amid Khashoggi Case

People hold signs during a protest at the Embassy of Saudi Arabia about the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, in Washington. - Sputnik International
Pompeo: US Has No Direct Evidence Connecting Saudi Prince to Khashoggi Case
Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist known for his criticism of Saudi policies, disappeared on October 2 after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Saudi Arabia's acknowledgement that the journalist had been killed in a fight inside the consulate came after two weeks of denials and growing pressure from Western allies to provide explanations.

On October 26, the Saudi prosecutor general acknowledged that the journalist's murder was premeditated. However, Riyadh maintains that the killing had nothing to do with the Saudi Royal family, describing it as a rogue operation.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала