Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

Khashoggi Fiancee Might Visit White House if Trump Helps Investigation

© AP Photo / Emrah GurelA poster of missing Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi, on a barrier that blocks the road leading to the Saudi Arabia consulate in Istanbul.
A poster of missing Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi, on a barrier that blocks the road leading to the Saudi Arabia consulate in Istanbul. - Sputnik International
Subscribe
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - The fiancee of Jamal Khashoggi, the Saudi journalist who disappeared on October 2 in Turkey, said she will consider accepting US President Donald Trump's invitation to the White House only if he helps to reveal what happened to Khashoggi.

"In recent days I saw reports about President Trump wanting to invite me to the White House. If he makes a genuine contribution to the efforts to reveal what happened inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul that day, I will consider accepting his invitation," Hatice Cengiz said in an article published by the New York Times newspaper.

READ MORE: A Look Into US-Saudi Defense Deals at Stake as Spat Over Khashoggi Deepens

Trump said he had invited the journalist's fiancee to Washington after she wrote a letter to his administration. The US president argued no one knew what had happened to Khashoggi, and that the US was looking into this very seriously.

President Donald Trump meets with Saudi Defense Minister and Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington - Sputnik International
Ex-Ambassador Lists Three Reasons Why US Turning Up the Heat Over Khashoggi
Khashoggi vanished after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to obtain an official document for his upcoming marriage. The Washington Post reported earlier this week that Turkey informed US officials about audio and video recordings suggesting the journalist had been allegedly murdered in the Saudi consulate.

Saudi Arabia denied any involvement in the disappearance of Khashoggi, saying that the journalist had left the consulate. On Friday, Saudi Interior Minister Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif bin Abdulaziz condemned the claims circulating in media outlets about orders to kill missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi on the part of the authorities, saying they were lies and baseless allegations.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала