Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

US Renews National Emergency Declared in Response to 9/11 Attacks - Trump

Subscribe
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – The United States will continue the national emergency declared in 2001 after the September 11 terrorist attacks, US President Donald Trump said on Monday.

"I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency previously declared on September 14, 2001, in response to certain terrorist attacks," Trump said in a notice published by the White House.

Trump underscored that the terrorist threat to the United States has not been eliminated, and therefore the powers adopted to deal with it must remain in effect.

READ MORE: Germany to Shield 9/11 Plotter from CIA Amid Repatriation to Morocco — Report

Since the program was opened to the general public more than 800,000 travellers have been enrolled and as part of the push to boost enrollment the TSA has brought the number of its enrollment centers to over 300 locations - Sputnik International
US ‘Surveillance State’ Now Watching US Travelers Through Quiet Skies Program
The emergency state was introduced after September 11, 2001, when hijackers of al-Qaeda* terrorist group crashed two airplanes into the World Trade Center in New York City and one into the Pentagon in Washington, DC.

The fourth airplane crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania after the passengers tried to take back control of the plane from the hijackers.

Nearly 3,000 people were killed and another 6,000 were injured in the attacks.

*Al-Qaeda is a militant Sunni Islamist multi-national terrorist group banned in Russia

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала