Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

MH17 Investigators Draw Conclusions Without Probe Formally Over – Russian Envoy

© REUTERS / Michael KoorenA military policeman stands guard in the reconstructed MH17 airplane after the presentation of the final report into the crash of July 2014 of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine, in Gilze Rijen, the Netherlands, October 13, 2015
A military policeman stands guard in the reconstructed MH17 airplane after the presentation of the final report into the crash of July 2014 of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 over Ukraine, in Gilze Rijen, the Netherlands, October 13, 2015 - Sputnik International
Subscribe
VIENNA (Sputnik) - The Dutch-led investigators have made conclusions regarding the 2014 crash of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 despite the fact that the probe is not formally over, the claims of Russia's responsibility for the tragedy are absurd, Russian Permanent Representative to the OSCE Alexander Lukashevich said on Thursday.

"At the moment, the Prosecutor General's Office of Russia is reviewing two more requests for legal assistance. Why didn't the Joint Investigation Team wait for our response and put forward its theories when the investigation is not formally over?" Lukashevich said at the OSCE Permanent Council meeting.

The diplomat stressed that the calls on Russia to accept responsibility for the MH17 crash were totally absurd.

READ MORE: Moscow: Inappropriate for Australia, Netherlands to Issue Ultimatums Over MH17

"Don't you see the absurdity of these demands yourself? Moreover, let me remind you that nobody is allowed to use the language of ultimatums with respect to Russia!" Lukashevich said.

A damaged missile is displayed during a news conference by members of the Joint Investigation Team, comprising the authorities from Australia, Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands and Ukraine who present interim results in the ongoing investigation of the 2014 MH17 crash that killed 298 people over eastern Ukraine, in Bunnik, Netherlands, May 24, 2018 - Sputnik International
Russian Ambassador to Australia: Accusations on MH17 Crash ‘Planned Provocation’
Last week, the Dutch-led Joint Investigation Team (JIT) said it had concluded that the Buk missile system used to down flight MH17 had belonged to the Russian Armed Forces. On Friday, Australia and the Netherlands said they considered Russia responsible for the downing of aircraft, and requested that Russia enter negotiations on providing guarantees of non-repetition and pay damages to them.

The envoy noted, however, that Russia stood ready to assist the investigation into the incident.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала