"The day of dialogue between the government and the opposition of Venezuela ends with great progress. The next round is scheduled for Thursday, January 18, in the building of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Dominican Republic," the ministry said on Twitter.
The administration of Dominican President Danilo Medina said earlier that the leader was heading the negations between the Venezuelan government and opposition.
Since September 2017 the sides have held three rounds of talks hosted by the Dominican Republic. The latest round lasted from Thursday till Saturday and focused on normalization of the situation in the country.