Pentagon Denies US Military Involved in Warship Strikes on Yemen

CC0 / / The Pentagon, headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense
The Pentagon, headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense - Sputnik International
Subscribe
US
India
Global
The United States has not been carrying out strikes on Yemen from the sea, US Department of Defense spokesman Jeff Davis said on Thursday.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, Yemeni government officials said warships, which they believed belonged to the United States, shelled al-Qaeda strongholds in southern Yemen.

"The United States is not shelling Yemen from the sea," Davis told reporters.

US Special Forces Group - Sputnik International
Civilians, Including Children 'Likely' Killed During US Raid in Yemen - CENTCOM
The allegations came after a US raid took place against al-Qaeda operatives on Sunday.

US Special Operations Forces killed 14 al-Qaeda militants, according to the White House. During the operation, terrorists killed US Navy SEAL William Owens and injured several other servicemen.

The US Central Command said in a press release on Wednesday that civilians, including children, may have been killed during the operation.

Davis said some valuable and actionable intelligence was collected during the raid, and dismissed claims that "element of surprise" had been lost.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала