MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The Guardian newspaper reported earlier in the day that the perpetrator of the attack was killed.
The number of persons killed in the attack on Istanbul’s Reina nightclub rose to 39, with at least 69 injured, a news agency reported citing Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.
The nightclub Reina in Istanbul's Besiktas district was attacked early on Sunday by a man, who was reportedly talking in Arabic. The attacker is said to have opened fire from a Kalashnikov assault rifle.
The attacker is said to have opened fire from a Kalashnikov assault rifle. Vasip Sahin, governor of the Istanbul province, said earlier in the day that at least 35 people were killed and 40 injured as a result of the attack.
Never miss a story again — sign up to our Telegram channel and we'll keep you up to speed!