Another Turkish soldier died of wounds in the hospital after the clashes between the Turkish servicemen and the Daesh terrorists in the city of al-Bab in Northern Syria, according to the statement of the Turkish General Staff.
ANKARA (Sputnik) — The number of Turkish servicemen killed in the clashes with the Islamic State (ISIL or Daesh) jihadist group in the city of al-Bab in Northern Syria has reached four, while 15 soldiers were injured, the Turkish General Staff said in a statement on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, the Armed Forces reported that three people have been killed in the clashes with extremists.
"Another fellow soldier died of wounds in the hospital despite the efforts of doctors. So, the number of our servicemen killed in the clashes reached four, 15 were injured, some of them are in serious condition," the statement obtained by RIA Novosti read.
According to the General Staff, the clashes near the city of al-Bab are ongoing.
On August 24, the Turkish army launched Operation Euphrates Shield against the militants of the Daesh, which is outlawed in Russia and many other countries.
Turkish forces, with assistance from Syrian opposition fighters, occupied the city of Jarabulus in northern Syria and are currently conducting its offensive on the Daesh-held city of al-Bab. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that the aim of the operation is to clear the region of terrorists and making it into a safety zone for refugees.