Terrorists Seize Advanced American Weaponry From the Battlefields of Afghanistan

© Photo : Youtube/PressTV DocumentariesISIL fighters in Afghanistan
ISIL fighters in Afghanistan - Sputnik International
Subscribe
US
India
Global
The militant group in Afghanistan that has allegedly pledged allegiance to Daesh, also known as the Islamic state, claimed to have seized advanced US military equipment from American troops who had fought side by side with the government forces in the eastern flank of the conflict-ridden country.

The news first emerged when Daesh’ Amaq News Agency published via social media pictures of gears allegedly taken from US personnel after the fights in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province, which is bordered by Pakistan. The speculation was confirmed by SITE intelligence Group, a think tank specialized in tracking and monitoring terrorists networks around the world.

One of the photos depicts a bunch of US military equipment that reportedly was not provided to the Afghani official forces and includes a portable rocket launcher, an advanced military radio, and grenades. There’s also a close up of an ID card of American serviceman Specialist named Ryan Larson.

Islamic fighters from the al-Qaida group in the Levant, Al-Nusra Front, wave their movement's flag as they parade at the Yarmuk Palestinian refugee camp, south of Damascus, to denounce Israel’s military offensive on the Gaza Strip, on July 28, 2014. - Sputnik International
Calling a Spade a Spade: Syrian Analyst Slams US 'Alliance' With Terrorists
Responding to the speculation of the circumstances under which the militants could have obtained the munition and documents, the US military command in Kabul ruled out on Sunday the possibility of Larson being taken captive.

The US military spokesman Commander Ron Flesvig claimed that the serviceman had lost his belongings after a military operation, highlighting that he "has been accounted for and remains in a duty status within his unit."

"SPC Larson was attached to a unit conducting a partnered (operation) with Afghan Forces," Flesvig said in a statement. "The loss of personal identification is unfortunate."

The US forces have been taking part in a renewed Afghani-led offensive in Nangarhar that was launched on July 23, shortly after deadly explosion in Kabul killed 80 and injured over 200 civilians.

Intensified fighting has resulted in dozens of militant casualties since then.  Afghan forces have also killed senior Daesh militant Saeed Emarati, according to TOLOnews.

Afghan security forces keep watch at the site of a suicide attack on the western outskirts of Kabul, Afghanistan June 30, 2016. - Sputnik International
Two Professors From US, Australia Kidnapped in Afghanistan
Nangarhar has recently become a hotbed for Daesh militants that established a number of its bases in the region. According to US military, up to 1,500 of Daesh supporters, are present in the province at the moment. Most of them are former Taliban fighters who moved from neighboring Pakistan, according to the U.S. Army general in charge of American and NATO troops in Afghanistan Gen. John Nicholson.

"They have applied for membership, they have been accepted, they had to meet certain tests, they have been publicized in Dabiq,'' he said.

Americans have turned their focus to Nangarhar following President Barack Obama’s call to press the terrorists in Afghanistan. Some 545 weapons have been deployed to the region in 2016 so far.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала