Tunisia Prosecutor Orders Criminal Investigation Into Nice Attack Suspect

© REUTERS / Eric GaillardFrench soldiers and rescue forces in Nice, France, July 14, 2016.
French soldiers and rescue forces in Nice, France, July 14, 2016. - Sputnik International
Subscribe
US
India
Global
The Tunisian prosecutor general ordered a criminal investigation into the suspect of the Nice terrorist attack, a local law enforcement source told Sputnik on Friday.

MSAKEN (Sputnik) – The French prosecutor confirmed through fingerprints earlier in the day the identity of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, whose documents were found inside the truck used to kill 84 people and injure scores more during Bastille Day celebrations late Thursday.

Attack in Nice, France - Sputnik International
Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel Identified as Suspected Nice Attacker
Bouhlel was not found to have links with extremists in Tunisia or any suspicious activity when he last visited the country, the source in Sousse, a city 5 miles north of Bouhlel’s birthplace, said.

Bouhlel was of Tunisian origin, divorced with children, his ex-wife is in police custody.

Earlier in the day, police raided the house of the driver. The potential radicalization of the man had gone unnoticed by police.

The white truck that was used to carry out the deadly Nice attack was rented a few days before the Thursday night attack, according to earlier reports.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала