Nice Attack Perpetrator Not Included in Terror Lists - Source

Subscribe
US
India
Global
The Nice truck attack perpetrator was not on any terror lists, according to the preliminary data, a source in the Tunisian Interior Ministry told Sputnik Friday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The source added that the Tunisian Interior Ministry was in contact with Paris in order to find out whether the perpetrator had earlier visited Tunisia.

"The preliminary data confirm that this person is not on any lists of people… classified as terrorists," the source said.

On Thursday night, a truck rammed into a large crowd that was celebrating Bastille Day in Nice. Over 80 people were killed and dozens of others were injured.

The driver was shot dead by police. According to ID documents found inside the truck, he was a 31-year-old man who was a resident of Nice of Tunisian origin. It is unclear whether he had any accomplices.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала