BAKU (Sputnik) – Earlier on Sunday, Azerbaijan announced unilateral ceasefire but later said military actions were resumed.
"It is an absolute lie of the Armenian media. There are no casualties among the Azerbaijani Armed Forces’ personnel. The country’s Armed Forces are monitoring the situation along the front line and the territories liberated the day before," Vagif Dyargahly told RIA Novosti.
On Saturday, Armenia and Azerbaijan noted a sharp escalation of the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh, with both sides accusing each other of violating the ceasefire that has been in place since 1994.
According to the Armenian side, over the past two days, two helicopters, 14 tanks were destroyed. A total of 18 Armenians were killed and 37 injured in the standoff.