Germany Urges Tourists in Istanbul to Stay in Hotels After Terrorist Attack

© Flickr / Hector GarciaIstanbul at dusk
Istanbul at dusk - Sputnik International
Subscribe
US
India
Global
The German Foreign Ministry on Saturday urged its tourists in Istanbul to stay in hotels following a deadly terrorist attack in the city.

Police secure the area following a suicide bombing in a major shopping and tourist district in central Istanbul March 19, 2016. - Sputnik International
One Suspect Detained As Part of Investigation Into Deadly Istanbul Bombing
BERLIN (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, a suicide bombing ripped through a major shopping street in Istanbul, killing 5 people including the perpetrator. At least 36 people were injured and sent to hospitals, seven of them are in critical condition.

According to the Turkish Health Minister, Mehmet Muezzinoglu, there are 12 foreigners among the injured.

"German citizens should stay in hotels and monitor local media, tour operators and the Foreign Ministry's website," the statement said.

The German Foreign Ministry said that it had no information on German citizens being among the victims of the terrorist attack.

Earlier in the week, the foreign ministry also took a decision to close the Consulate General, German schools and other state buildings in Istanbul, after having received information that terrorist attacks were being prepared in Turkey.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала