North Korea No Longer Invited to Davos Forum Over Alleged Nuke Test

© AFP 2022 / FABRICE COFFRINIPeople share a lunch during the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting on January 24, 2015 in Davos
People share a lunch during the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting on January 24, 2015 in Davos - Sputnik International
Subscribe
US
India
Global
North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Su Yong is no longer invited to the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, after Pyongyang said it had conducted a hydrogen bomb test, a member of the Davos managing board said Wednesday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Earlier on Wednesday, WEF said that North Korea had been invited to participate in the event scheduled to be held on January 20-23 for the first time since 1998.

"We have seen what has happened last week, the nuclear test…Therefore, we could not maintain our invitation to the DPRK," Philipp Roesler said at a news conference.

People watch a news report on North Korea's first hydrogen bomb test at a railroad station in Seoul on January 6, 2016. - Sputnik International
Experts Doubt North Korea Hydrogen Bomb Explosion's Authenticity
According to Roesler, the alleged nuclear test left no opportunity for an "international global dialogue in the spirit of the World Economic Forum."

On January 6, Pyongyang claimed it had carried out its first hydrogen bomb test, triggering condemnation from the international community which denounced the test as provocative and undermining stability in the region.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала