The sordid coverup of sex crimes against children is said to have included senior politicians, well respected businessmen, and even high-level British state agents. The boys at the school, aged 15-18, were subject to extreme sexual abuse and forced into prostitution.
— Cordelia Lynch (@CordeliaLynchC4) June 1, 2015
In 1980, William McGrath, Raymond Semple and Joseph Mains, staff members at the home, were charged with several offenses relating to the systematic abuse of the teens in their care. The warden, Mains, received the harshest sentence of six years imprisonment.
Hoy, who is now 53 years old, has taken legal action to attempt to force a full inquiry, which would provide the power to force MI5 and witnesses to hand over documents related to the things he and other boys endured. Hoy and his legal team maintain that more people than those who were convicted were involved in the abuse.
"It makes me mad that they all could get away with it so easily. These people are hiding and protecting other people. I want to know who was involved and what they did," Hoy told the Belfast Telegraph. "I find the whole thing frightening, and at times am frightened that people in authority will want my mouth shut, and want it all brushed under the carpet like it had been years ago."