"At the moment, DPR is ready for a ceasefire, but only for a mutual one," DPR envoy to the Minsk talks Denis Pushilin and LPR envoy Vladislav Deinego said in a joint statement.
"DPR is also ready to start the pullback of heavy artillery and multiple-launch systems to positions established by the Minsk memorandum, in accordance with the plan, but only if Ukraine is ready too," the statement reads.
However, if the Kiev government refuses to negotiate and continues to shell the territories of the self-proclaimed republics, Donetsk and Luhansk reserve the right to resume their offensive.
"If the negotiation process fails and shelling of residential areas in DPR and LPR continues, we reserve the right to continue our offensive until the territories of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions are freed," the statement reads.
On Friday, another round of reconciliation talks between Kiev and the independence supporters was scheduled to take place in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, however, the DPR and LPR envoys stated they planned to leave the city in the evening as Ukrainian government representatives did not show up for the talks.
Following a battle between Kiev-led forces and local militia for the Donetsk airport in early January, more than 30 civilians, including children, were killed in the town of Horlivka in the Donetsk Region in a series of airstrikes carried out by Ukrainian warplanes, according to DPR militia.
The January 13 bus shelling in the town of Volnovakha, Donetsk Region, claimed the lives of 13 civilians. Last week, at least eight people were killed in the shelling of a trolleybus stop in the city of Donetsk and 30 others were killed in the shelling of Mariupol city.
According to the most recent UN data, more than 5,000 people have died on both sides since the beginning of the military conflict in eastern Ukraine in April 2014.
The third precondition is to have a joint statement prepared for signing beforehand, DPR and LPR said.
"With all these preconditions fulfilled, the leaders of the Donetsk and Luhansk peoples republics will definitely arrive to Minsk to take part in high-level negotiations," reads the statement, prepared by DPR and LPR envoys to the peace talks in Minsk.
Despite ceasefire agreements reached between the warring sides at a Contact Group meeting in Minsk last September, clashes continue in the east of Ukraine. The parties have traded blame for the hostilities, with the situation in the country deteriorating in recent weeks.