MOSCOW, December 24 (Sputnik) – The Contact Group on Ukrainian reconciliation continues its meeting in Minsk on Wednesday evening despite earlier reports that the talks were over, a source close to the negotiations told RIA Novosti.
The work [of the Contact Group] continues, the parties are in the process of negotiations," the source said.
DPR negotiator Denis Pushilin said earlier in December that the talks in Minsk would focus on the withdrawal of artillery from the line of contact, the exchange of prisoners, lifting the Donbas "economic blockade" and the introduction of a law on the special status of the region.
The Contact Group on Ukrainian crisis reconciliation previously met in the Belarusian capital Minsk on September 5 and 19.
The talks resulted in a ceasefire agreement between Kiev and independence supporters. The sides have, however, accused each other of violating the truce on a daily basis since the deal was reached.