DONETSK, October 5 (RIA Novosti) – The shelling of Donetsk started late Saturday and has continued into the morning, killing a civilian and damaging residential areas, the Donetsk administration reported on its website Sunday.
"Following the shelling that took place in the afternoon on October 4, damage to private houses was registered … A civilian died in Petrovsky district," the statement on the website said.
Tensions in Donetsk remain, but the work of the transportation system has not been suspended, switching to the weekend schedule.
The service of 70 substations has been restored over the past 24 hours, with 41 substations remaining out of power, as of October 5.
Donetsk is one of Ukraine's southeastern regions where the Kiev forces clashed with independence supporters since mid-April. On September 5, a ceasefire was reached at a Contact Group meeting in Minsk, followed by the adoption of a memorandum on September 19 that specified steps for the ceasefire implementation.
The opposing sides have repeatedly accused one another of violating the truce, although the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) said the ceasefire was generally holding. According to the United Nations estimates, the conflict has so far killed over 3,600 people and injured over 8,500.