"I want the government to find out how the Taliban knew how my dad was going back to Kabul. It is obvious they got a report about him, because they went onto the minibus and said "Sayed Habib, get up,'" Kubra Mosawi, daughter of Sayed Habib who was killed, said Sunday. "He wasn't anything to do with the government there. They just wanted to stop him coming back to Australia. I don't want anyone else to experience this. Every minute we think of my brother's family who are still there, I can't study or work because of the stress of it."
Sayed Habib, a 56-year-old Australian citizen was captured by Taliban militants on 20 September on his way from Jaghori to Ghazni province in southern Afghanistan.
According to his family, Habib went to Afghanistan in May to visit the wife and children of his son. Since then he has been waiting for a safe moment to travel from Kabul to Jaghori.
The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has announced Australians should not travel to Afghanistan because of the "extremely dangerous security situation and the very high threat of terrorist attack."
The Taliban is an insurgency movement in Afghanistan fighting against the government and NATO-led International Security Assistance Force. Sayed Habib was of Hazara origin, ethnic group in Afghanistan persecuted by the Taliban.