Experts: Benghazi Incident May Ruin Hillary Clinton's Political Ambitions

Subscribe
US
India
Global
Hillary Clinton's once and future campaign supporters are preparing for a 2016 presidential run, and mobilizing their resources in order to prevent Mrs. Clinton from dropping out of the race, Politico reports.

MOSCOW, September 16 (RIA Novosti) - Hillary Clinton's once and future campaign supporters are preparing for a 2016 presidential run, and mobilizing their resources in order to prevent Mrs. Clinton from dropping out of the race, Politico reports.

"In a plan shared with POLITICO, officials with the pro-Hillary Clinton group Correct the Record, working with the Democratic research super-PAC American Bridge, said they will launch a new website, www.benghazicommittee.com. It’s a research hub that is designed like a news site and will issue detailed, rapid responses to charges against Clinton — mimicking the way a campaign would defend a candidate in real time during a presidential debate," the media outlet explains.

Clinton took formal responsibility for the Benghazi incident, in which four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were murdered while she was Secretary of State. According to political analysts, it not only ended her tenure as Secretary of State but also dealt a serious blow to her career as a presidential hopeful. Predictably, Republicans have grasped the opportunity "to damage Clinton ahead of a potential campaign," accusing her negligence, Politico emphasizes.

The media source notes that during an annual summit of Americans for Prosperity in late August, Rand Paul, "a prospective 2016 GOP presidential candidate," attacked Mrs. Clinton, saying: "If she wants to be commander in chief and she cannot protect our embassies, I don't think that she could or should be. I think it precludes her from ever being considered as commander in chief."

David Brock, the founder of the media group Media Matters for America and a longtime liberal ally of Hillary Clinton, has accepted the challenge, attacking any media source that reports negative stories regarding Mrs. Clinton's role in Benghazi case. In addition, Media Matters has released "a new chapter of an e-book Brock co-authored last year, called "The Benghazi Hoax," as well as a new website of its own, with 1,000 pieces of research aimed at debunking claims related to the Sept. 11 attack," Politico stresses.

Meanwhile, as the House Select Committee on Benghazi is preparing for its next probe this week, the Daily Signal reports of new allegations that have surfaced against the former Secretary of the State. According to Raymond Maxwell, a former Deputy Assistant Secretary, Hillary Clinton's confidants had "separated" documents relevant to the Benghazi case, which could "damage" the then-Secretary of State and her principal advisers, just before the official investigation started.

The Congressional representatives have admitted that the new allegations "go to the heart of the integrity of the State Department."

"The allegations are as serious as it gets, and it's something we have obviously followed up and pursued," said Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, a member of the House Oversight Committee, as cited by the Daily Signal. "I'm 100 percent confident the Benghazi Select Committee is going to dive deep on that issue," he added.

Thus, it seems Hillary Clinton's fight over the Benghazi incident is not over, experts say.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала