KIEV, September 11 (RIA Novosti) – Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) banned 35 Russian journalists from covering events in the country for the period from three to five years, the head of Ukraine’s National Council on Television and Radio Broadcasting said Thursday.
“We have received information that already 35 media representatives have been banned entry. All these people have relation to Russian media,” Ukraine’s Independent News Bureau quoted Yuriy Artemenko as saying.
In August, Artemenko said the SBU had already banned more than 20 Russian journalists from entering Ukraine. The Council had earlier sent to the SBU a list of 38 Russian journalists to be banned from entering the country.
The list includes the editor-in-chief of Rossiya Segodnya International Information Agency, Dmitry Kiselev, the Channel One southern bureau chief, Yulia Chumakova, journalist Vladimir Solovyov and actor Ivan Okhlobystin.