KIEV, May 7 (RIA Novosti) – Last Friday’s massacre in Ukraine’s Odessa that left more than 40 people dead was a well-coordinated and planned operation with the participation of representatives of the authorities in Kiev, Ukraine’s acting Prosecutor General Oleh Makhnitsky said Wednesday.
“This action was not prepared at some internal level, it was a well-planned and coordinated action in which some authorities’ representatives have taken part,” Makhnitsky said.
Makhnitsky promised to reveal the names of those who took part in the tragedy that occurred in Odessa.
On Friday, 46 pro-federalization activists died and over 200 others were injured in a fire after being trapped in the trade union building in Odessa that was set ablaze during a clash between anti-coup activists and pro-regime supporters in the city.
The skirmishes were the bloodiest episode of violence in Ukraine since the start of the Ukrainian crisis in February. On Wednesday, the first refugees from Odessa arrived at Yevpatoria in Russia’s Crimea. Crimean officials said the two families had been witnesses of the tragedy.