ROSTOV-ON-DON, November 18 (RIA Novosti) – The death toll in last month’s suicide bombing in the southern Russian city of Volgograd has risen to seven, the region’s health authorities said Monday.
A woman born in 1954 who sustained chest injuries in the attack died Sunday morning in a Moscow clinic, a spokesman said.
Another 50 people were injured in the October 21 attack when a female suicide bomber identified as 30-year-old Naida Asiyalova from Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Dagestan blew herself up on a bus in Volgograd. Several people remain in hospitals.
Russian security forces shot dead her husband, 21-year-old Dmitry Sokolov, a militant in the turbulent North Caucasus, on Saturday, federal anti-terror officials said. The National Anti-Terrorist Committee said Sokolov had claimed responsibility for the bus suicide bombing and other terror attacks during the course of negotiations that preceded the shootout in Dagestan.