* An employee of a Belarusian music TV channel has been detained for allegedly airing pornographic footage on the channel during the daytime after quarreling with his girlfriend, Belarusian investigators said.
* President Vladimir Putin’s foreign policy aide Yury Ushakov accused the US administration of demonstrating “conflicting behavior,” but said Moscow was ready to develop and deepen its ties with the US.
* The Russian Interior Ministry has announced a tender worth up to 39.4 million rubles ($1.3 mln) on the development of a security system designed to thwart potential cyber attacks on its computer networks.
* A Russian cargo spacecraft undocked from the International Space Station (ISS) to perform a series of scientific experiments in space before splashing in the Pacific on April 21, the Russian space agency Roscosmos said.
* Russia’s Proton-M carrier rocket carrying a Canadian telecommunications satellite Anik-G1 blasted off on Monday from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan, the Russian Federal Space Agency Roscosmos reported.
* Russian steel and coking coal producer Mechel posted a $1.114 billion US GAAP net loss for October-December 2012, down from a $54.911 million net profit in the third quarter of last year, the company said.