France has slammed Sunday's Israeli attack on Syrians in the Golan Heights and urged to carry out an investigation into the incident, the French Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
On Sunday, Israeli forces killed at least 23 Arabs, including a child, and wounded at least 350 when they tried to storm a ceasefire line, marking the 44th anniversary of the Six-Day Arab-Israeli War.
"France is deeply concerned over the new incidents that took place on June 5 in the Golan Heights. It slams the violation of the demarcation line between Israel and Syria and the disproportional use of force in response," the statement said.
The Six-Day war fought on June 5-10, 1967 resulted in Israel gaining control of the Golan Heights from Syria, which has remained the center of the Israeli-Syrian conflict.
Last week a few Arab youth organizations called on Palestinian refugees living in Syria and Lebanon to organize marches for a return to the occupied territory on Sunday.
PARIS, June 6 (RIA Novosti)