Registration was successful!
Please follow the link from the email sent to

Moscow court postpones new Klebnikov-case notary hearings

Subscribe
MOSCOW, August 25 (RIA Novosti) - A Moscow court postponed Friday hearings into a fraud case involving a Moscow notary acquitted of the murder of Forbes Russia editor Paul Klebnikov until September 11.

On May 5, a jury acquitted Fail Sadretdinov and two other defendants, Chechens Kazbek Dukuzov and Musa Vakhayev, of Klebnikov's killing in 2004, but the notary was re-arrested and charged a week later with fraud while registering an apartment deal in 2002. Investigators said Sadretdinov had used a forged will to take possession of an apartment in Moscow.

A RIA Novosti correspondent reported that the hearings had been delayed because lawyers had failed to arrive for the hearing.

"We notified the court in advance that we would be unable to attend today's session and made a request to postpone consideration of the case," lawyer Ruslan Koblev said.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала