- Sputnik International
Russia
The latest news and stories from Russia. Stay tuned for updates and breaking news on defense, politics, economy and more.

Bombers in 2000 central Moscow attack likely dead - prosecutor

Subscribe
International
India
MOSCOW, August 7 (RIA Novosti) - Moscow's prosecutor said Monday the perpetrators of a bomb attack that killed 13 and injured over 100 in central Moscow in 2000 were probably dead.

An explosion in August that year ripped through an underpass popular with shoppers using kiosks and commuters walking to the subway.

"According to our information, the perpetrators of this terrorist attack are in all likelihood no longer alive," Yury Semin said.

He said there was a distinct "Chechen trail" in the crime.

"I know this case very well," he said. "Considering that almost six years have passed since then and the attackers are most likely dead, we will probably put this case on hold."

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала