* The Federation Council, parliament's upper house, will host:
- a meeting of the organizing committee of the 9th international economic forum in St. Petersburg at 10.30 a.m.;
- a meeting to terminate or confirm Council members' powers and appoint Supreme Court judges;
The Council will also discuss the amendments to the Tax Code, the draft law On the Election of State Duma Deputies and other bills adopted by the State Duma, the lower house of parliament;
Federation Council Chairman Sergei Mironov will report on the house's program to implement the goals the president highlighted in his State of the Nation Address in 2005.
Finance Minister Aleksei Kudrin is expected to report on financial support for efforts to delimitate powers between different levels of Russia's budgetary system at a "government hour" meeting at the Federation Council.
* The agendas for the State Duma May 12 and May 13 plenary sessions will be approved at a meeting of the Duma's Council, due at 12.00 p.m.
* RIA Novosti will host news conferences dedicated to:
- the publication of materials on the World Conference on Climate Change that took place in Moscow in fall 2003 on President Vladimir Putin's initiative. The news conference will be attended by Alexei Gordeyev, Agriculture Minister, and Andrei Illarionov, the president's economic adviser (2 p.m.);
- a Russian delegation's participation in the first international conference/exhibition in Libya entitled "Airport - New Technology" which will take place in Tripoli on May 14-19, 2005. The news conference will be entitled "Russia's Aircraft Building Industry at the International Conference/ Exhibition in Libya" and take place at 1.30 p.m.
* The China Eastern airline, the East Line Group, the managing company of Russia's Domodedovo airport, and airport officials will hold a joint news conference devoted to the beginning of China Eastern flights from Domodedovo, and the Chinese airline's plans in Russia. It will take place at 12.00 p.m.
* A ceremony of opening the final of the Russian Computer Games Cup and a press conference will take place at the Expocenter exhibition center.
NAVEREZNIYE CHELNY - TOGLIATTI
* Russian Industry and Energy Minister Viktor Khristenko will visit the KamAZ truck manufacturer based in Neberezniye Chelny, Central Russia, and AvtoVAZ carmaker in Togliatti, on the Volga. Khristenko will look into the plants' activities ahead of a government meeting devoted to the development of Russia's automotive industry.
* A delegation of Russia's Audit Chamber led by its chief Sergei Stepashin will embark on a visit to Ukraine's capital, which will last till May 14.
* The Russia-NATO Council will hold a meeting at the level of chiefs of general staffs (May 11-12). Russia will be represented by Yury Baluyevsky, Chief of the General Staff of Russia's Armed Forces.
* Britain's newly elected parliament will hold its first meeting to elect Speaker of the House of Commons.
* The city will host a third economic conference on Russia sponsored by The Banker magazine. The conference will be attended by senior International Monetary Fund (IMF) and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) officials, and major Russian and foreign bank executives.
* The military exercise at Pocek, Slovenia's main military training ground in southwest, will involve about 2,000 troops from Slovenia, Italy, and Hungary.
* The 58th international film festival will open tomorrow to last into May 22. Serbian film producer Emir Kusturica will preside over the jury.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.