* Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov meets with Secretary General of the Council of the European Union Javier Solana (19.00).
* Head of the Catholic dioceses in Russia, Archbishop Tadeusz Kondrusiewicz will give a press conference on the topic "Russian Catholics after the papacy of John Paul II. Relations with the state, the Russian Orthodox Church and other religions" (12.00).
* The 4th international research conference "The economic modernization and development of institutions" (April 5-7) will open in Moscow. It is organized by the High Economics School, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (9.00).
* The Russian Information Agency Novosti will host the following press conferences:
- entitled "Consequences of the revolution of Kyrgyzstan for Russia" with leader of the international Eurasian movement Alexander Dugin and Kyrgyz ex-premier Apas Dzhumagulov (10.30);
- on the topic "LUXOFT-2005: results of the five-year plan and a new strategy on the services market on software creation and support" (12.00);
- entitled "The 10th anniversary of the Russian FOREX market. Results and development prospects" (15.00);
- on the 9th international football tournament of teams of CIS parliaments, governments, administrations of Russian regions and City Halls (Sochi, May 13-14) (16.00).
* The Association of Managers will hold a conference on the topic "Russian investors - the future of Russian economy." Those attending will be Russian President's aide Sergei Yastrzhembsky, head of the presidential expert department Arkady Dvorkovich, Deputy Economic Development and Trade Minister Andrei Sharonov, economists, governors and politicians (10.00).
* The Central House of Journalists will host the following press conferences:
- on the topic "Will migrants save Russia?" with Russian human rights commissioner Vladimir Lukin and chairman of the executive committee of the Forum of Migrant Organizations Lidia Grafova (11.00);
- entitled "The revival of profile enterprises as a way to strong Russian economy" (13.00).
* The Column Hall of the House of Unions will host the 14th congress of the Association of Russian Banks. The congress will focus on the draft strategy of the increase of competitive ability of the Russian banking system drafted by the Association (10.00).
* The Russian Culture Foundation will host a session dedicated to the International Day of Children's Book and the 200th birth anniversary of Hans Christian Andersen. Diplomas of the international council for children's books (IBBY) will be presented during the session (15.00).
* The opening ceremony of the Avtoframos plant will be held at the former Moskvich plant. The new enterprise will produce Renault cars. This is a joint venture of the Renault S.A. company and the Moscow government (15.00).
* The committee of the Arctic Council senior officials will open in Yakutsk. Representatives of Russia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, the United States, Greenland, etc. will discuss ecological problems, development of medicine, stable regional development, emergency situations and other issues.
* Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov will arrive in Tajikistan on a two-day routine visit. He is to inspect the Rubezh-2005 exercises of the armed forces of the Collective Security Treaty Organization.
* The Russian-Finnish economic forum (April 5-7) will open in Oulu.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.