INVESTIGATION WORKS ON VERSION OF THE MILITARY INVOLVEMENT IN DEATH OF CHECHENS

Subscribe
International
India
MOSCOW, February 21 (RIA Novosti) - Investigation is working on the version of the involvement of federal forces' servicemen in the death of five people in Chechnya, Chechen prosecutor Vladimir Kravchenko has told RIA Novosti by telephone.

At around 20:00, February 18, a car got under fire near the block post on the road linking the villages Kurchaloi and Novaya Zhizn. Five persons in the car - two officers of the presidential security service and three locals -- were killed, Mr. Kravchenko said. Their bodies were found in the wood of the Leninski district of Grozny.

"A criminal case on this fact has been initiated. Among others, the version of involvement of servicemen of the federal forces in this case is being worked out", Mr.Kravchenko said.

Examinations are being held to find out the reasons and nature of what has happened, he said.

"Examination is being held to fix the kind of weapon killing the people", the prosecutor said.

Investigation is held together with the military prosecutor's office, he added. "No suspects have so far been discovered", Mr. Kravchenko said.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала