A Czech woman, 57, has died from methanol poisoning after two weeks in hospital, bringing the death toll to 24, the CTK news agency reported on Saturday.
The woman was hospitalized in Havirov, north Moravia, on September 6 in critical condition, deputy hospital chief Jaroslav Lux said.
The incidence of methanol-related deaths is the highest in the Moravia-Silesia area where the death toll has reached 14.
The patient had consumed a large quantity of poisonous alcohol, Lux said.
"She immediately lost consciousness and never regained it."
There is one more patient in a serious condition in an intensive care ward, he added.
The Czech government on Thursday suspended distribution and exports of spirits with over 20 percent alcohol content under EU pressure.