Talks over Iran’s nuclear energy ambitions have resumed between Iran and the Group 5 +1, in Moscow, according to a source, after earlier reports suggested that they had ended.
"Delegations resumed the plenary session, there will be no news conference in the short run," the source said.
Today is the second scheduled day of talks over Ian's nuclear program being held in Moscow. EU foreign policy Chief, Catherine Ashton, heads up the Group 5+1 delegation and Iran's team of negotiators is headed by Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Secretary Saeed Jalili.
On Monday, after the first day of talks, both sides expressed satisfaction with progress. Deputy Head of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, Ali Baghiri, stated that the first round was constructive and that Iran hopes that the five steps proposed in Baghdad at an earlier meeting, would allow meaningful negotiations to continue.
In Baghdad the Group 5+1 put to Iranian negotiators their options for resolving the Iranian nuclear issue. These proposals were based on the so-called "step by step" plan proposed by Russian Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, which are based on the principles of "gradualism and reciprocity".
Iran in its turn has put forward a counterproposal, consisting of five items and which is based on the Nuclear Weapons Non-Proliferation Treaty, as well as the principles of reciprocity, and the step by step approach.
On Tuesday a source close to the Iranian delegation said that the Group 5+1 and Iran have not yet discussed the possibility of another meeting at another location. On Monday Catherine Ashton also told that the talks in Moscow were more constructive than previous talks in Baghdad had been, but added that an outcome of this meeting should be awaited before talking about a new one. Tehran has already stated that it will not negotiate in any country that has imposed sanctions against Iran, and, in particular, EU members.