All five Russian journalists abducted earlier on Friday by Libyan rebels have been released, Komsomolskaya Pravda and the NTV news channel said on their websites.
Two reporters from the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper and three TV correspondents from NTV television were captured by Libyan rebels near the town of Adjdabia earlier on Friday. They were last reported being moved to Benghazi in eastern Libya.
"After several hours of questioning at an abandoned military base in Benghazi, the rebels released them," Komosomolskaya Pravda said on its website.
NTV also reported that all three journalists in their news crew were also freed.
"They're all fine and are already in a hotel," a spokesman from the television station's press service told RIA Novosti.
Komsomolskaya Pravda is reviewing whether to keep their correspondents on assignment in Libya or bring them back to Moscow, though the journalists expressed their wish to remain and continue reporting from the North African country.
Rebels in Libya have been fighting forces loyal to leader Muammar Gaddafi since mid-February. A NATO-led operation is enforcing a no-fly zone over the country in an attempt to prevent Gaddafi loyalists from attacking civilians.
Russia has refused to participate in the NATO-led operation in Libya, calling for an end to military action and violence and promoting peace negotiations, the ministry said.
MOSCOW, April 8 (RIA Novosti)