Fabio Capello has agreed to take over the Russian national team on a two-year contract without the option of an extension, the Russian FA's acting president Nikita Simonyan told R-Sport Saturday.
The Russian Football Union announced this week that Capello has “de facto” taken charge of the Russian team despite not having signed a contract.
"The contract is ready, the agreement on all the basic issues has been reached," Simonyan said. "The deal is for two years. Nothing is specified further, so far it is for two years."
Capello was in Moscow to attend Saturday's Russian Premier League match between CSKA Moscow and FC Rostov.
He was to head Sunday to St. Petersburg to see the reigning champions Zenit play against Amkar Perm.
Simonyan told R-Sport earlier that Capello will not be officially unveiled as Russia coach before Tuesday.
If confirmed, Capello's first game in charge will be an August 15 friendly against the Ivory Coast in Moscow.
His first competitive fixtures will be 2014 World Cup qualifiers on September 7 and September 11, first at home to Northern Ireland and then away to Israel.